On Monday the streaming powerhouse revealed that “40.7 million household accounts have been watching the show since its July 4 global launch — more than any other film or series in its first four days.”
And just over 18 million of those households had already finished the entire season, Netflix added.
In comparison, the superhero drama Umbrella Academy drew 45 million viewers… within its first month.
In a poll we put up on Monday, we asked “have you watched any or all of the eight new episodes?” and a full third (34%) of S&V readers who responded reported binge watching the entire season the day it was released — for a total of 7.4 hours (without breaks), while one in 10 (11%) watched all but the last episode or two. Another quarter (24%) of those polled said they had watched the first few episodes and two in 10 (19%) reported watching one or two episodes.
On the whole, it’s clear Season 3 was a hit, but not everyone was impressed: One in four of our poll respondents didn’t bother watching the show.
Here are the full results:
Have You Watched Any or All of the Eight New Episodes?
• 34% – Are you kidding? I binged through all eight episodes the day they were released.
• 24% – Are you crazy? I couldn’t be bothered watching that over-hyped show.
• 23% – I watched the first few episodes.
• 11% – I watched all but the last one (or two) episodes.
• 8% – I watched the first episode.